Not only is the Mustang the most popular sports vehicle in the world, but it’s also, in general, a good car with a wide price and performance range on the market. So, is a Mustang a good used car? Depending on your preferences, you can find a perfect match with this iconic four-wheeler.
A Mustang is a good used car because, although prices for used vehicles continue to grow, the investment in a used comparable Mustang is still better than buying a new one. Also, consider the benefits like easier maintenance, maintenance for the older models is much easier, eye-appealing looks, and the possibility of adding new gadgets.
Check all the reasons why a used American Muscle Car is the right choice. I’ve gathered everything you need to know, so keep reading.
Table of Contents
Although buying a new car has its major perks, getting a used Ford Mustang will also bring you many benefits. However, keep in mind that, although it’s used, the price is still something to think about months before the purchase.
There are many discussions about whether you should save money for a brand new one or buy a used model. But, in the end, everything really depends on your personal preferences and needs. Let’s then check some of the reasons why purchasing older models is a good idea:
- Easy maintenance – the classic older models have a lot of room without much wiring. This means you’ll work much easier with them, and the maintenance will be much cheaper. We all know that with the new cars repairs can be more complicated and, as a result, more expensive.
- Better deal – considering the rising prices, you’re probably wondering whether it’s better just to save up a bit more and buy a new car. However, when it comes to buying a Ford Mustang, know that you’ll still get a better deal for a used one. In fact, you can save around 30% if you buy a used model compared to a new one.
- Possible to boost – with numerous available aftermarket parts, you can easily build up your vehicle. Also, you’ll put less effort into customizing an older model.
- Ageless eye appeal – one of the benefits of getting an older car model is the classing and unique looks.
Owning a car like the Ford Mustang will bring you an amazing driving experience. If you want to have one of your own, but at a discounted price, know it’s possible. Check what is the best year from Ford Mustang and whether the performance and features of a vehicle meet your needs and wants. In fact, here are three generations of this model that are top-ranked to buy used.
|Performance and features
|Better fuel efficiency and the possibility to choose from 310-hp, 460-hp, and 526-hp and V8 engine. Provides a more upscale feel.
|Higher comfort level with heated seats and inside lights. Choose between 420-hp, 5-liter V8 engine and 305-hp,7-liter V6 engine.
|At that time, two engines: 412-hp, 5-liter V8 and 305-hp, 3.7-liter V6. Also, this model is high safety ranked.
Know Which Used Models to Avoid
Did you know that Ford Mustang hasn’t missed a single year model since its debut? This means the brand had many years to perfect the features and performances of their models. And during that long period, there have been some ups and downs. So, here are the models to avoid:
- 1999 Mustang – popping off spark plugs,
- 2010 Mustang – corrosion and paint issues,
- 2012 Mustang – 3.7-liter V6 engine problems.
Before you choose the place to buy a used car, what is your preferred method – online or in dealership store purchase? It’s an important step because if you’re not feeling comfortable, know that the whole process could end up as you might not expect.
So, if you’re more into an in-person purchase, check out South California’s Galpin dealership store. According to Ford Motors, it’s the best place for buying used models. However, if the online purchase is your thing, you should visit dealership websites like CarFax, CarGurus, and CarMax.
So, you’ve made a decision and prepared financially for buying one of the top-ranked sports cars in the market nowadays. However, this process might take a bit because you need to consider many factors and know what the right questions to ask a seller of a used car are.
In my opinion, a 2019 Mustang GT 5.0 is the best choice if you’re looking for a stylish and reliable sports car to invest in. Except for the looks and comfort, this vehicle (if it’s in good shape) will provide you with an agile and fast everyday commute.