When you purchase a vehicle, it’s not just the purchase price that matters. You want to know how much it costs to maintain. Your BMW is a great car, but like all cars, it needs brake pads from time to time.
So, How Much Does It Cost to Replace BMW Brake Pads? BMW brake pads cost around $150 to $280 per axle to replace excluding labor costs. Though the price may vary depending on the model, year, and where you get it done. If you go to an independent mechanic, the price may be different from what the dealership charges.
If you get OEM brake pads, it will usually include installation, the hardware mentioned earlier, and a warranty. However, if you get aftermarket BMW brake pads, the warranty will probably be void.
Following are the points to keep in mind when going for BMW brake pads replacement:
- BMW brake pads should be replaced when they are worn down to the minimum thickness limit, which is usually signaled by a pulsating brake pedal.
- The new BMW brake pads must be compatible with the brake rotors so they can perform at their best, without causing any kind of damage.
- The brake fluid should be replaced when the replacement process is done. This depends on your driving style.
- The brake pads usually last around 50,000 miles to 60,000 miles
- The labor cost will vary depending on the mechanic, but it will be around $100 to $200 drive.
- You may need new hardware, such as pins and clips when replacing the brake pads.
- You should also get your brake discs checked for wear and tear, as it is possible that they may need to be replaced as well.
To increase the life of brake pads, you must abide by these rules:
|1) Never drive too fast:||If you are driving at high speeds, you risk wearing the brake pads down quickly.|
|2) Avoid hard braking:||Sudden stops will also wear out the brake pads quickly.|
|3) Use the parking brake:||If you’re rolling down a hill, engage the parking brakes. The pads will last longer if the car is not allowed to move.|
|4) Don’t slam the brakes:||This may seem like an obvious point, but you should avoid any hasty maneuvers.|
|5) Avoid driving on potholes:||You will not only damage your tires, but also the suspension and undercarriage.|
|6) Keep to a regular driving schedule:||Driving regularly will help you to monitor the condition of your brake system.|
|7) Avoid overheating brakes:||Driving aggressively in stop-and-go traffic will heat up the brakes. When you notice the brake pedal is soft, this is an indication of overheating.|
|8) Replace worn brake pads immediately:||This is a point we’ve already mentioned, but it shouldn’t be ignored. If you wait too long and the brake pad is completely worn out, it can damage the rotor.|
|9) Check brake fluid frequently:||Make sure you have enough brake fluid in your reservoir.|
|10) Check brake pad wear sensor:||BMWs have a sensor in the footwell that detects when the brake pads are wearing out. If this sensor is showing signs of wear, it may be time to replace the brake pads.|
So, to conclude, I would say that How Much Does It Cost to Replace BMW Brake Pads is a question that can be easily answered. The price of the brake pads themselves may vary, but the average cost to replace them is around $200.
This price may be more or less, depending on the model of your BMW, the year, and where you go to get it done. Always keep in mind that brake pads should be replaced when they are worn down to the minimum.